Wednesday, May 8, 2024

My favourite Eurovision 2024 song by Portugal — “​Grito” by Iolanda

This is my favourite Eurovision song. I’ve been playing this song for days now!

This singer blew me away. She has an absolutely euphonious gorgeous voice. Elegant, with passionate words (lyrics translation here).

At first, I didn’t “understand” the dancers and found them a bit distracting. But, then I realised that they are translating her fears and after her scream; they vanish from the scene as she is “cured”.

I don’t think she will win ... as quality is not appreciated at the Eurovision. They like “freaky” stuff.

I also found a beautiful acoustic version on Youtube

✲✲✲

Our own UK’s eurovision song was by Olly Alexander (“Dizzy”). It’s embarrassing 😒. Underwhelming and utterly generic.

The music was repetitive and boring with no climax. I also don’t really get what all those male dancers add to anything ... generic.

6 comments:

  1. The Australian entry by Electric Fields was really noteworthy, even though it was not voted into the next level of competition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just listened to it. I loved the didgeridoo. More of that please!! :)

      Delete
  2. The lady sings well and doesn't scream as some do. The dancers look good, like the all white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm amused by the Eurovision contest including Australia and Iceland and Israel - that's a bit of a stretch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yet, Australia is grieving it got kicked out in the qualifying round

    ReplyDelete